Child Psychiatrist in Pune
Child psychiatrist in Pune, Dr Neville Misquitta (MD), is experienced in assessing and treating children having behavioural, emotional, and academic problems. Child psychiatry problems have a profound effect on the family. The child is unable to achieve his or her full potential at home and school. The parents worry when things go badly for their child.
Consulting with a child psychiatrist may appear to be a difficult step for parents. However, most children enjoy the assessment process. Many teenagers and older children are relieved that their parents are getting them the help they know they need. It is in the family's best interest to tackle child psychiatry problems early. Working with qualified mental health professionals can make a positive difference in the life of your child and family.
Child Psychiatry problem areas
- Attention, concentration and behavioural disorders including ADHD
- Learning disorders including dyslexia, writing difficulties, math disorders, and other school-related learning problems
- Conduct disturbances including those related to disobedience, aggression, stealing and inappropriate sexual behaviour.
- Anxiety, phobias and depression in children and adolescents
- School refusal at all age groups
- Deteriorating academic performance in a child who was doing well previously
- Sleep disorders, feeding problems, bed-wetting, and encopresis (soiling)
What does a Child Psychiatrist do?
A child psychiatrist is a medical doctor specialised in mental health and experienced in problems of children
and adolescents. He has a dual knowledge – that of psychology and medicine, an he has experience in child psychiatry. This dual perspective combined with experience helps answer questions that often arise in relation to behavioural and emotional problems in children
Child psychiatry consultation is the foundation for treatment
- What changes do the parents need to make at home?
- Are there underlying physical or hormonal problems?
- What should be the modality of treatment - child counselling, family counselling, behaviour therapy, medication?
- Which combination of therapies will benefit the child?
of children and adolescents with behavioural, emotional and academic problems. The first consulation is important to understand the nature of the difficulty, and to assess its impact on the child and family.The child psychiatrist monitors all aspects of treatment in subsequent visits of your child.
What is the role of a Child Psychologist?
A child psychologist is a qualified clinical psychologist having experience with children
. Child psychologist services are essential for objective assessment, counselling and therapy of your child. Clinical psychology assessments help confirm a diagnosis. It helps rule out other related disorders and provides an objective baseline measurement.
Child psychologist services include child and family counselling, behaviour therapy, play therapy, and parent management training. Children with academic problems including dyslexia, maths, and writing difficulties benefit from one-to-one remedial teaching. The child psychologist also assesses motivation, aptitude, personality and intelligence for making meaningful career choices. The child counsellor works closely with the child psychiatrist to help your child regain normal functioning at home and school.
At Pathfinder Clinic, Pune the child psychiatrist, child psychologists, and counsellors work closely to provide coordinated care to address behavioural, emotional and academic concerns of your child.